Top Most Mechanical Engineering Interview Questions Part – 28
1. What is the mechanical advantage of double Pulley?
It only takes half the effort to move an object but twice the distance
2. What is dynamic friction?
The friction experienced by a body, when in motion, is known as dynamic friction
3. Two balls of equal mass and of perfectly elastic material are lying on the floor. One of the ball with velocity v is made to struck the second ball. Both the balls after impact will move with a velocity?
4. What is coplaner concurrent forces
The forces, which meet at one point and their lines of action also lie on the same plane, are known as coplaner concurrent forces
5. What is angle of friction?
The angle of inclination of the plane at which the body begins to move down the plane, is called angle of friction
6. What is Enthalpy?
Enthalpy is the heat content of chemical system
7. What is Isometric Drawing?
Isometric Drawing is a 3-D drawing used by draftsmen, architects etc.
8. The force applied on a body of mass 100 kg to produce an acceleration of 5 m/s2, is?
9. The value of bulk modulus of a fluid is required to determine………….
10. In one dimensional flow, the flow takes place in ………….
11. The pressure of the liquid flowing through the divergent portion of a venturimeter ………….
12. what is gear ratio?
It is the ratio of number of revolutions of the pinion gear to one revolution of the idler gear
13. Explain maximum principal stress theory ( Rankine’s theory)?
This theory states that failure occurs at a point in member where the maximum principal or normal stress in a bi-axial system reaches the maximum strength in a simple tension test.
14. Maximum shear stress theory is also known as ………
Guest’s or Tresca’s theory
15. Explain Hencky and Von Mises theory?
This theory states that failure occurs when strain energy per unit volume reaches the limiting distortion energy.
16. Explain Maximum principal strain theory?
This theory states that failure occurs when bi-axial stress reaches the limiting value of strain.
17. What are Bevel Gears and what are its types?
Bevel gears are the type of gears in which the two shafts happen to intersect. The gear faces which are tooth bearing are conical in shape.
They are generally mounted on shafts which are 90 degrees apart but they can be made to work at other angles as well. The bevel gears are classified into Mitre Gear, Angular bevel gears, Crown bevel gears and Internal bevel gears
18. What is the use of Hydraulic Brakes?
It use a fluid medium to push or repel the brake pads for braking.
19. What is your favorite subject in Mechanical engineering?
20. What was your project topic during Mechanical engineering?
explain about project you done
21. What are the software you know?
answer yourself (hint: AutoCAD, Pro-Engineer and one Analysis software like ANSYS.)
22. What is Ferrite?
Magnetic iron rock
23. What is epresentative elementary volume?
Smallest volume over which measurment can be made that will yeild a representative of the whole
24. Why Engineers design LNG pipes curved?
LNG is a condensed gas that can expand pipes
25. What is jet plane?
An aircraft powerd by jet engine.
26. What is Solder?
It is an allot of tin and lead
27. Who invented the four-stroke engine?
Nikolavs August Otto
28. Who invented Springs?
29. What is a clock maker called?
30. What is a mechanism?
A mechanism is a system of moving parts that changes an input motion and force into a desired output motion and force
31. Will going from 3 tap to 6 tap increases water pressure?
32. Where do railway staem engine carry there water?
In the large tank on the front of the engine.
33. What does angular momentum mean?
Angular momentum is an expression of an objects mass and roatational speed
34. Which country has worlds post powerful tanks?
35. ………lead to overheating and failure of two stroke locomotive engine
36. What color are thermal oil piping lines?
Brownish and sorty grey
37. Periscope is mostly used in ………
38. How does hydraulic clutches work?
by usin a non compressible fluid
39. What is the difference between blower and fan?
A fan can turn air, but blower forces the air faster
40. Can you transfer the heat energy from cold body to hot body?
yes, with external work. Eg : Air conditioner
41. What is added in LPG to detect leakage?
42. What is hogging and sagging?
Hogging describes a beam which curves upwards in the middle, and sagging describes a beam which curves downwards.
43. In internal combustion engine piston the maximum temperature occurs at ……..
44. What is the difference between Flexural strength and Tensile strength?
Flexural strength is resistance offered against bending. Tensile strength is resistance offered against tensile force.
45. Pitot tube is used for measurement of ……..
46. What is the difference between Pipe and Tube?
Tube is defined by Outer diameter and Wall thickness (OD and WT). While Pipe is defined by Inner diameter
47. Power available at the shaft of an I.C engine is known is as…….
Brake horse power
48.What is Hertzian stress?
Contact stress on two contact surfaces
49. What Bernoulli’s Principle?
Bernoulli’s principle states that for an inviscid flow, an increase in the speed of the fluid occurs simultaneously with a decrease in pressure or a decrease in the fluid’s potential energy.
50. Mention flow measuring devices?
Venturimeter, Rotameter etc.