Top Electrical Engineering Interview Questions Part – 11
51. What is the magnetomotive force in a 75-turn coil of wire when there are 4 A of current through it?
52. The direction of a magnetic field within a magnet is from south to……
53. what you mran by retentivity
The ability of a material to remain magnetized after removal of the magnetizing force
54. If a loop in a basic dc generator suddenly begins rotating at a faster speed, the induced voltage…..
55. The induced voltage across a stationary conductor in a stationary magnetic field is…..
56. A certain transformer has 400 turns in the primary winding and 2,000 turns in the secondary winding. The turns ratio is….
57. How many primary volts must be applied to a transformer with a turns ratio of 0.1 to obtain a secondary voltage of 9 V?
58. The primary winding of a power transformer should always be…..
59. The primary winding of a transformer has 110 V ac across it. What is the secondary voltage if the turns ratio is 8?
60. A certain transformer has a turns ratio of 1 and a 0.85 coefficient of coupling. When 2 V ac is applied to the primary, the secondary voltage is…..
61. mica or glass has the highest dielectric constant?
62. paper or glass has the highest dielectric constant?
63. When the plate area of a capacitor increases……. increases
64.When the voltage across a capacitor is tripled, the stored charge triples – true or false?
65. Resistance is measured in……
66. What is stepper motor?
it is an electrical machine which acts up on pulse applied to it
67. what are the advantage of free wheeling diode in a full wave rectifier?
It reduces the harmonics and it also reduces sparking and arching across mechanical switch so that it reduces the voltage spike seen in a inductive load
68. What is Current?
Current can be deﬁned as the motion of charge through a conducting material.
69. What is Voltage Divider Rule?
Voltage divider rule provides a useful formula to determine the voltage across any resistor when two or more resistors are connected in series with a voltage source.
70. How to calculate Energy stored in an inductance?
Energy stored =1/2 L I2 Joules where L is in henries and I is in amps
71. What is Corkscrew Rule?
As current flows along a wire, the magnetic field rotates in the direction of a corkscrew.
72. What is Current Divider Rule (CDR)?
Current divider rule provides a useful relationship for determining the current through individual circuit elements that are connected in parallel.
73. Briefly explain the purpose of Inductor in an electric circuit?
An inductor is a piece of conducting wire generally wrapped around a core of a ferromagnetic material. Like capacitors, they are employed as ﬁlters as well but the most well known application is their use in AC transformers or power supplies that converts AC voltage levels.
74. Define Ohm’s Law for A.C?
Everything else would remain same only the resistance will be replaced with Impedance, which is defined as the opposition to the flow of A.C.
75. Could you measure current in parallel?
No, Current is always measured through (in series with) a circuit element.
76. Tell me Norton’s Theorem??
Any two-terminal, linear circuit, of resistors and sources, can be replaced by a single current source in parallel with a resistor
77. What do you know about dependent voltage source?
output of a dependent source is subject to a certain parameter (voltage or current) change in a circuit element.
78. What do you mean by independent voltage sources?
An independent source produces its own voltage and current through some chemical reaction and does not depend on any other voltage or current variable in the circuit.
79. what is ACSR cable and where we use it?
ACSR means Aluminium conductor steel reinforced, this conductor is used in transmission & distribution.
80. How Can You Start-Up The 40w Tube Lite With 230v AC/DC Without Using Any Choke/Coil?
It’s possible by means of Electronic choke.otherwise it’s not possible to ionize the particles in tube. Light, with normal voltage.
81. What are the advantages of speed control using thyristor?
Fast Switching Characterstics than Mosfet, BJT, IGBT . It also has Low cost and Higher Accuracy.
82. Why Human body feel Electric shock ?
becuase our body is a pretty good conductor of electricity
83. what is meant by armature reaction?
The effect of armature flux to main flux is called armature reaction. The armature flux may support main flux or opposes main flux.
84. why, when birds sit on transmission lines or current wires doesn’t get shock?
if birds touch the single one line (phase or neutral) they don’t get electrical shock… If birds touch 2 lines than the circuit is closed and they get electrical shock..
85. Electromotive force is provided by………
86. In a microprocessor, the address of the next instruction could be executed, is stored in …….
87. An open loop system represented by the transfer function G(s) = (s-1) / (s+2)(s+3) is (a) Stable and of the minimum phase type (b) Stable and of the non-minimum phase type (c) Unstable and of the minimum phase type (d) Unstable and of the non-minimum phase type
Answer – b
88. The differentiator has a transfer function whose (a) Phase increases linearly with frequency (b) Amplitude remains constant (c) Amplitude increases linearly with frequency (d) Amplitude decreases linearly with frequency
Answer – a