100 Updated Safety Officer Interview Questions Part – 2
Q – 81 Do you know what are the five essential E’s of a safety program?
Ans- The five essentials of a safety program include: engineering, education, enforcement, enthusiasm and example.
Q – 82 Explain what is safety tag?
Ans- Safety tag can be defined a surface made of card board or paper board on which English local languages letters written for warning safety instructions to employees.
Q – 83 Do you know what is UEL?
Ans- The maximum proporation of vapour, gasses and dust in air above which proposal the flame does not occur on contact with a source of ignition is called UEL.
Q – 84 Do you know what are the accidents in “poor house keeping”?
Ans- 1. Men getting hit by failing from overhead
2. Men slipping as greasy, wet or dirty floor
3. Men failing in open tank without cover in level floor
4. Accidents due to poor lighting
5. Fire accidents due to faulty electrical wires
Q – 85 Do you know what is safety management?
Ans- Safety management is an act and science of setting safety objectives of the industrial company.
Q – 86 Tell me how to control the chemical hazards?
Ans- The chemical hazards are control by engineering method, administrative method and PPE.
Q – 87 Explain what are 4 Ps?
Ans- ☛ Procedure – Rules, regulation
☛ Protective gear – PPE
☛ Promotional aspects – Competitions, rewards
☛ Publicity – Bulleting, posters
Q – 88 Tell me what is hot work permit?
Ans- Any work which involves spark flame, temperature is called HWP
Q – 89 Tell us how do you handle record-keeping?
Ans- Your prospective employer is trying to determine whether you place proper importance on protecting the company from liability. A good answer may go something like this: “I’ve found that keeping accurate records, while it may not be exciting, is critical in protecting both the company and the employees.
If there were an accident, for instance, it would be important to be able to prove that we had provided necessary training and had the right policies in place. I also think it’s crucial to make a thorough report of an accident right away, while the details are still fresh. If an injured employee later tells a different story, it’s important to have an accurate record.”
Q – 90 Do you know what is Safety?
Ans- ☛ It is a condition which gives you freedom from hazard, risk, accident which may cause injury, damage and loss to material or property damage and even death.
☛ Safety is defined as freedom from those condition that can cause injury to persons including death or damage to property or environment.
Q – 91 Explain cause of accidents in manual handling?
Ans- 1. Improper lifting
2. Carrying too heavy loads
3. Improper gripping
4. Failure to use PPE
5. Lifting greasy, oily and irregular objects
6. Poor physique
Q – 92 Tell us what control measures area necessary in confined space?
Ans- 1. Enter with air line BA sets
2. Use 24v flame proof hand lamps
3. A hole watch to be kept near man hole
4. Keep fire fighting equipment ready
5. Gas test to be done to check for oxygen level
6. Provide blowers
7. Don’t smoke in confined space
8. Use ropes and harness
9. The spaces clean before entry
10. Use non sparking tools it there is any risk of flammable vapors being present.
Q – 93 Explain what is accident statistics?
Ans- It means to maintenance of accident details
Q – 94 Explain what is delegated work permit?
Ans- Delegated work permit used for areas requiring light control. Ex : Fabrication, yards – valid – 30 days
Q – 95 Tell me how does the workers health influence?
Ans- ☛ The workers health influences by occupational factors – physical, chemical, biological, social.
☛ Non occupational factors – food, cloth, water, housing, smoking & alcohol etc.
Q – 96 Tell me what is ingestion?
Ans- Entry of harmful materials through mouth is called ingestion
Q – 97 Explain what is cold work permit?
Ans- Any work which does not involved production of spark flame, heat, temp. is called
Q – 98 Explain me about the biggest challenge on your last job?
Ans- The purpose of this question is to get some insight into your personality and to what type of thing you find difficult. If you describe something that’s a common occurrence at your prospective employer, you’re unlikely to get the job. One good approach is to mention things that are likely to annoy your prospective employer, too, like employees who are always trying to circumvent safety procedures.
Q – 99 Do you know what is risk?
Ans- In probability of the realization of potential for loss or damage or injury.
Q – 100 Tell me what is personal protective equipment?
Ans- It is an equipments used to project the person from hazards such dust, dirt, fumes and sparks etc. It is the barrier between hazard and person.
Q – 101 Explain how to care and maintenance of hand tools?
Ans- 1. Tools must be kept clean and free from corrosion
2. Keep metal parts lightly oiled
3. Remove burrs from edges of tools and heads of chisels.
4. Tools which are not in used must be stored separately
5. A good worker regularly inspects his tools
6. Do not use tools without handles
Q – 102 Explain safety rules insuring oxygen cylinders?
Ans- 1. Oxygen cylinders should not be kept near combustible materials.
2. Oxygen cylinders should not be handled with grassy hands or gloves.
3. Oxygen cylinders and their fittings should not be tested with oil based soap solution.
4. Oxygen cylinders and other combustible gas cylinders should not be stored together.
5. The top cover of the cylinder should be kept in position and screwed safety when not in use.
6. Cylinders should not be used as rollers for moving materials
7. Oxygen must not be use for ventilating confined spaces.
Q – 103 Tell me plant safety inspection by whom?
Ans- ☛ Safety officer
☛ By line management personal
☛ By senior management personnel
☛ First line supervisor
☛ By maintenance engineers
☛ By workers
☛ By safety committee
☛ By statutory authorites
Q – 104 Tell me some examples about unsafe act?
Ans- 1. Operating any equipment without properly authority
2. Failure to warning
3. Operating at unsafe speed
4. Failure to use PPE
5. Using hands instead of tools and equipment
6. Unsafe loading or placing or stacking
7. Unsafe position/ posture
8. Working on moving equipments
9. Wearing loose clothes while working on running machine
10. Working at height without safety belt
Q – 105 Explain how many types of accidents?
Ans- There are 4 types of accidents
☛ Near miss accident – escape
☛ No lost time reported 48hrs. before
☛ Los time – reported 48hrs. after
☛ Fated – Death
Q – 106 Explain me what the role of government in industrial safety?
Ans- The Govt. responsible for protection workers, consumers from dangers at work, on the road, in the air in the water, from air and water pollution etc.
Q – 107 Explain what are the duties of a factory inspector?
Ans- ☛ He takes up the license and registration of factories
☛ He also verify the documents related to factory workers
☛ He suggests suitable and welfare measures
Q – 108 Tell me what is vehicles / Mobile permit?
Ans- The permit is required for taking any vehicle are mobile equipments having a diesel equipment having a diesel or petrol operated engine in to hazardous area.
Q – 109 Tell me what would you do if someone called and said there had been a serious accident at our facility?
Ans- The point of this question is to find out whether you can balance company policy with common sense. So a good answer might go something like this, “Well, one of the first things I’d do is familiarize myself with your procedures ahead of time so I could make sure my response is in alignment.
Barring that, I’d find out what type of first response was needed – both to treat the injured and resolve the situation if it was ongoing – and get that response started.”
Q – 110 Do you know what is a near-miss? Share a near-miss experience and what you learnt from it?
Ans- Near miss is a situation where an accident could happen but did not. These indicate leaks in security arrangements. Last year, during a renovation project someone placed heavy tiles on the first floor just where the floor was not strong enough to carry their weight. The floor gave in and a couple of tiles fell down, no one was hurt but I learnt to always place safety tags on weak parts of structures being renovated.
Q – 111 Do you know what is emergency planning?
Ans- Emergency planning can defined as a control measurer. It can control the accidents safe guard people and provide information to media.
Q – 112 Do you know what are the duties of a supervisor?
Ans- ☛ He has to instruct this workers about the work methods and procedures.
☛ He has to maintain discipline among the workers
☛ He has to supply necessary materials
☛ He has to control quality and cost of the job
☛ He has to guide has workers in doing a job in the correct and safe way
☛ He has to supply suitable personal protective equipment to his workers
☛ He should conduct periodical safety meetings.
☛ He should conduct safety inspection of his working area
☛ He should know about the fire fight equipments
☛ He should know investigate the accident and find out the cause of accident
Q – 113 Tell me what are the advantages in good house keeping?
Ans- 1. It helps in the reduction of accidents including fire accidents
2. It saves the property damages
3. It improves employee moral
4. Better productivity
5. Working area be-comes presentable
6. Human energy is conserved
7. Visitors are very much satisfied
8. The burden of supervisor is reduced
Q – 114 Explain me how to erect scaffolding?
Ans- 1. It should be erected on levels firm ground
2. It erected by trained / skilled person
3. It is constructed using metal pipes and wooden boards
4. It should be design and constructed from good and sound material
5. Not to be erected on loose earth
6. Clamps should fixed
7. Properly bracing
8. Sole plate is necessary the base of vertical pipe
Q – 115 Explain brief note about fork lift truck?
Ans- 1. Check breaks, lift tilt and tires.
2. Check the stability of load before moving it
3. Never leave your fork lift truck un-attend with motor running
4. Never park fork lift truck on passage way
5. Never drive with wet or greasy hands
6. Always drive with a safe speed and slow down at turning point
7. When driving without load forks about 6 inches above the floor or ground
8. Never operate trunk in gaseous area
9. Never carry a load so high that you can not head, If necessary operate truck in reverse
10. Avoid carrying lose materials on forks
11. Never allow one to go under elevated loads
12. Warn other employees to stand clear when staking or removing materials
13. Exhaust pipe should have flame arrestor
14. Fork should be lowered to the floor when the truck is unattended
15. Stay alert t all times
Q – 116 Explain what is tool box talk?
Ans- 1. Job related safety aspects
2. Job related hazards / risk
3. Control / preventive measure
4. Adequacy of PPE’s / condition
5. Following safety rules / procedures
6. Safe work procedures / methods
Q – 117 Do you know human factors causing accidents?
Ans- 1. Carelessness
2. Fooling bout it
3. Hurrying to increase production
4. Laziness in house keeping
5. Hurrying in Lunchtime
6. Lack of attention due to worry
7. Alcohol and drugs
8. Lack of skill and experience
9. Not using PPE
Q – 118 Do you know factory act?
Ans- ☛ Sec.’6′ Registration of a factory
☛ Sec.’11’ Cleanliness
☛ Sec.’13’ Ventilation and temperature
☛ Sec.’17’ Lighting
☛ Sec.’18,19′ Drinking water and sanitary
☛ Sec.’23’ Employment of young person on dangerous mechanical
☛ Sec.’28’ Hoist and lifts
☛ Sec.’29’ Lifting machines and tackles
☛ Sec.35′ protection of eyes
☛ Sec.’36’ Precaution against danger furmes
☛ Sec.’36(A)’ Use of portable electric light
☛ Sec.’38’ Protection in case of fire
☛ Sec.’40(A)’ Maintenance of building
☛ Sec.40(B)’ Safety officers duty
☛ Sec.’45’ First aid boxes
☛ Sec.’111′ Obligation of workers
Q – 119 Explain a brief note about act related with session?
Ans- The factory Act – 1948 Petroleum Act – 1934
The mines Act – 1952 Water Act – 1974
Automatic energy Act – 1962 Air Act – 1948
Railways Act – 1890
Indian electricity Act – 1910
Indian boilers Act – 1884
Workmen compensation Act – 1948
Employee’s state insurance Act – 1948
Q – 120 Explain me how is audit conducted?
Ans- 1. Preliminary visit and understanding the factory
2. Identify the audit element
3. Prepare the questionnaire
4. Get the reply from the company
5. Discussion with management, executives & workers.
6. Cross Verification at site
7. Preparation of report.
Q – 121 Do you know what is safety surveys?
Ans- Safety surveys are made to have detailed observations of all types of unsafe physical and environment conditions as well as unsafe practices committed the health and comfort or workers.
Q – 122 Tell me what are risks in vehicle permit?
Ans- ☛ Sparks,
Q – 123 Explain me how would you handle a plant manager who thought safety procedures were a waste of time?
Ans- This question is partly about whether you’re naïve enough to think that everyone is as enchanted with safety as you are, and it’s partly about how you handle opposition. A good answer would include trying to convince the plant manager of the importance of safety using facts and figures (accident claims, down time, lawsuits, etc.).
You’d also want to cover what you’d do if you absolutely couldn’t win the plant manager over. One good answer could be acknowledging both the plant manager’s feelings as well as the company’s requirements that he abide by safety regulations anyway – and asking for his suggestions on what they can do.
Q – 124 Tell me how would you define safety and its relevance to real time situations?
Ans- Safety is a condition which provides you freedom from risk. While most people say safety and think “people”, it is not just about people. It is also about buildings and assets. Real time situations that may warrant safety include physical hazards such as fire, natural calamities, intended harm and emergencies.
Q – 125 Explain me what is safety audit?
Ans- The safety audit is the process that identifies un-safe conditions and unsafe acts the plant and recommended safety improvement.Walk through It evaluates the unsafe condition notice able to naked eye during work through the plant. ( Stores, civil work, erection work) Inter mediate-more details study and review of plant design and plant operation. Comprehensive –It evaluates the safety factors in the plant on the base engineering, analysis, testing, measurement.
Q – 126 Do you know what is JSA?
Ans- The procedure of analyzing job for the specific purpose of finding the hazards and developing .
Q – 127 Tell me what are the precaution for “sandblasting”?
Ans- 1. Compressed airline, hoses and other fitting must installment firmly with out leaks the hose.
2. Mis use compress are should be avoided
3. A fresh air hood or mask must be worn
4. House keeping can be done period cally
5. Fire extinguish her shall be kept near by
6. Dust mask ear plugs / muffs should be used
7. No sand blasting shall be done on top of floating roof tank in service.
8. Use goggles & face shield
9. Sand blasting operation must be gas free
Q – 128 Explain what precautions are necessary in electrical work?
Ans- 1. All electrical installations shall be as per Indian electricity rules
2. Only competent persons should handle the electrical equipments
3. The equipments should be earthed properly
4. All temporary electric lines should be drawn at least above man’s height
5. Cable should be completely insulted
6. Cable should not have any joints
7. Only connection for one point
8. Good house keeping on the area
9. Fire protection equipment to be kept near by
10. Use rubber gloves and rubber boots
11. Use good quality of wire
12. Power isolation close to the job
13. Use three pin plug instead of loose wire
14. Never operate any electrical equipment with wet hands
15. Never stand wet surface while working electrical equipments
16. During thunder storm do not stand under tree
17. Proper sign board is necessary
18. No person shall work on any live electrical conductor
19. The switch shall only be put on by person who switched it off
Q – 129 Explain handling of compressed gas cylinders?
Ans- 1. They are not to be dragged or dropped
2. They should be stored in dry and well ventilated places
3. Chins and slings should not be used for lifting cylinders.
4. the caps of the cylinders should not be removed when they are not the use.
5. Cylinders should not be stored near hot sources
6. Acetylene cylinders should not be stored horizontally
7. Empty cylinders and fully cylinders should be stored separately
8. Leakage cylinders removed to open space and release the gas without getting ignited.
Q – 130 Tell us what is accident investigation?
Ans- Accident investigation means to carried out immediately the occurrence of accident to find out real facts to avoid the future accident.
Q – 131 Tell me how many steps in safety?
Ans- ☛ There are 4 steps in safety
☛ Take advantages of factory act
☛ Safe working conditions.
Q – 132 Explain personal protective equipments? P.P.E?
Ans- 1. Head protection – Hard hat, cap, and helmet
☛ Made – aluminum, PVC, fiber glass, Plastic
☛ Protect – heal, spark, danger materials
2. Face and eye protection – Spectacles, Welding goggles, face shield
☛ Protect – flying particles, radation
3. Hand protection – Gloves, hand pads
☛ Made – leather, rubber, PVC, asbestos
☛ Protect – acid, oil grease, pure Alex rubber gloves electrical
4. Foot and leg protection – Safety shoes, gum boots, foot leg guard
☛ Made – Metal, leather, rubber
☛ Project – falling materials and electrical work
5. Body protection – Apron, hood, coverall, jacket
☛ Made rubber, leather canvas, lead, PVC asbestos
☛ Asbestos hood – Fire fighting
☛ Rubber, PVC full suit – ( Corrosively liquid, fumes, vapour
☛ Safety belts – work exceeds 3 mts
6. Ear production – earmuff – noise – 30 – 135DB
7. Ear plug – 115 – 120 DB
Q – 133 Tell me what are the hazards in petroleum industry?
Ans- ☛ Fire,
☛ General hazards,
Q – 134 Tell us control measure of work at height?
i. Use safety belt with proper anchoring above head.
ii. Special training must be given before starting the job.
iii. All scaffolds must be erected by skill persons.
iv. No work after sun set
v. Every platform should free from unnecessary obstruction
vi. Grease, mud, paint removed from working platform
Q – 135 Tell me control measures of vehicles permit?
☛ Fitted spark arrester
☛ Speed 30 km./hours
☛ Proper warring lights
☛ No over load
☛ Correct parking
☛ Pollution check
☛ 3rd party inspection
Q – 136 Tell me what is radiography?
Ans- It is conducted to check the welding joints for any blow holes defects through x-ray.
Q – 137 Explain precaution for electric shock?
Ans- ☛ Use dry hard gloves & rubber sole, safety boots, gum boots
☛ The electric holder must be fully insulted
☛ Proper protection for the body
☛ During chipping of slag use white goggles
Q – 138 Explain what are the responsibility for workers for safety?
Ans- 1. Report unsafe condition to supervisor
2. Do not operate the machine without knowing the operation
3. Before starting the machine, whether the machine is in condition not
4. Use correct tools
5. Follow the safety rules
6. Always do not horse play
7. Do not lift over load
8. Do not chit on at with others
Q – 139 Do you know how many types of PPE?
Ans- There are two types of PPE
2. Non respiratory
Respiratory – Air supplied
– Air purified
Air supplied – Compressed air breathing apparatus set
Air purified – Cannisters gas mask
— Chemical cartridges respirator
–– Surgical cotton mask
Dust filter mask (dust respirator)
Q – 140 Explain a brief about classification of fire?
Ans- They are mainly five types of fire.
☛ Class A Fire : Wood, paper, clothes, rubbers etc.
☛ Class B Fire : Oil, grease, paint, petroleum etc.
☛ Class C Fire : Acetylene, ethane, methane etc.
☛ Class D Fire : Sodium, magnesium, potassium etc.
☛ Class E Fire : Electrical equipment etc.
Q – 141 Explain what is accident prevention?
Ans- Accident prevention may be defined as an integrated programme and directed to control un safe mechanical or physical condition.
Q – 142 Explain me about vehicles and plants?
1. All vehicles requiring security vehicles pass
2. All drivers should have valid driving licence
3. Drivers should not use fork lift trucks for carrying passengers
4. All traffic regulations and speed limit should be strictly followed in side the plant area
5. All vehicles area in a road worthy condition
6. Vehicles park in the operation area must always unlocked with in ignition key in position
Q – 143 Explain cause of accidents in mechanical handling?
1. The sudden failure of wire rope or a chain
2. Slipping of the load from the sling
3. Swinging of the load at the time of lifting
4. The load sometimes hits the man
Q – 144 Do you know what is LEL?
Ans- The minimum concentration of vapour, gasses and dust in air below which propagation of flame does not occur on contact with a source of ignition is called LEL.
Q – 145 Tell us have you ever been involved in a situation which has tested your mettle as a safety officer on a personal level?
Ans- There was this situation in which the university that I was working for fell under a vandalism attack. All security personnel looked for the perpetrator for three months but I was the one who managed to pinpoint a student responsible for the vile acts. It was unfortunate that the student was the son of my best friend. I had no option but to hand him in even though I knew I could very well let him go with a warning and none would be the wiser! My ethics said otherwise.
Q – 146 Do you know about the latest health and safety regulations?
Ans- This question is about whether you’re up on the latest developments in the industry. Before your interview, spend some time on the internet to find out whether there have been any recent changes and what the impact of those changes will be.
Q – 147 Tell me what would you do the first week on the job?
Ans- On the surface, this question is about priorities, but it’s also designed to find out whether you know what you need to know in order to do the job – whether you know what’s important. A good answer would include inspecting any facilities that are in your area of responsibility, getting to know the managers at those facilities, and examining the company’s safety record to identify any patterns.
Q – 148 Tell me a situation where your proactive thinking avoided a certain accident?
Ans- During an oil drilling project the drillers were using PPE but the audit revealed they were not using proper eye gear. I designed and recommended sealed eye gear for them and insisted on its use which paid off because the drillers came across a pungent gas during drilling which could have damaged their eyes causing serious threats on site and long term health issues had they not worn that equipment.
Q – 149 Tell me what is hazard?
Ans- Inherent property of a substance or an occurrence which has potential to cause loss or damage property, person or environment.
Q – 150 Tell me what is scaffolding?
Ans- It is a temporary platform constructed for supporting both men and materials and working safety at a construction site.
Q – 151 Tell us what is fork lift truck?
Ans- Fork lift truck are designed to handle heavy loads.
Q – 152 Explain me what are the hazards in welding?
Ans- ☛ Eye injury
☛ Burn injury Arc realization
☛ Electrical shock Light arc radiation
☛ Heat, light and radiation effect Heat fume
☛ Poisonous gases Chipped price of weld metal
☛ Explosion Scattering
☛ Noise Sparking
☛ Flying sand
Q – 153 Do you know general safety precautions in construction?
Ans- 1. Adequate first aid equipment should be kept ready
2. Adequate fire fighting equipment should be available
3. All general electrical rules should be followed
4. suitable lighting arrangements should be necessary at night work
5. Work men at height should be wear safety belts
6. Work men handling cement should be provided with goggles, rubber gloves and rubber boots by nose mask.
7. The moving parts of grinding machines used construction site should be covered with guards
8. The moving parts of grinding machines used construction site should be covered with guards
9. Excavated material should not kept near the excavated
10. Very short duration of work red flags must be hoisted and more duration red banners must be stretched
11. Defective tools should not be used
12. The worker should not carry tools in his hands when climbing a ladder
13. Excavation should be guarded by suitable fencing
Q – 154 Explain me a brief note about crane and LE?
Ans- 1. Only authorized and competent person should operated cranes
2. The correct sling must be used for the load to be lifts
3. Lifting equipment must be certified from competent authority and mark with its SWL
4. Never be used for loads excess of its SWL
5. Cables and slings must be padded when passing over sharp edges of equipments
6. Check the condition of the ground before parking the crane and use out riggers
7. All moving parts must be guarded
8. Uncertified chains, ropes, slings and hooks should not be use
9. All slings to be inspected by third party inspectors
10. Never stand or work under a suspended load
11. Place the out riggers on firms ground
12. Guide ropes shall be used to control swing of lifted material
13. Never operate the crane at the time of speed wing
14. Lifting over live equipment should not be encouraged
15. The crane should under go periodical maintenance as per manufactures
Q – 155 Explain me how many types inspection?
Ans- There are 5 types inspection ; pressures of boilers( supervisor)
1. Continuous inspection – select employees / operator
2. Periodical Inspection – material storage, fire fighting equipments, handling equipments
3. Intermittent inspection – un announced inspection done by safety officer, safety committee. ( Particular work spot)
4. Statutory inspection – storage area, location at height ( cranes, ropes, chains, it my tackles inspection)
5. Special inspection – accident investigation
6. Inspection of new building, general lighting, use of PPE’s etc. construction work.
Q – 156 Tell me how many types of safety?
Ans- There are three types of safety.
☛ Plant safety
☛ Workers safety
☛ Consumer safety
Q – 157 Tell us what precaution are necessary for protect of fires?
Ans- 1. Buildings and plants shall be so laid out and roads, passage ways etc.
2. Doors and windows shall be located in suitable positions on all external walls of the building.
3. Smoking lighting or carrying matches are to be prohibited
4. Gas cylinders should not be stored near high flammable substances
5. Flammable liquids shall be stored in suitable containers with close fitting covers.
6. In every factory has to suitable fire fighting equipment
7. All fire fighting equipment shall be subjected to routine maintenance inspection and testing by proper trained persons.
8. Sufficient number of persons shall be trained in the proper handling of fire fighting equipment.
Q – 158 Tell me what is blanket permit?
Ans- A blanket permit is a permit issued on the basis of location where the multiple jobs are to be carried out at safe location.
Q – 159 Tell me what general precautions are necessary while driving?
1. Follow all traffic rules, signs and signals
2. Do not exceed the speed limit
3. Take ten minute break after every 2 hours on long driving
4. Drive in correct gear
5. Keep both hand on steering wheel
6. Do not drive if you are not filling well or feting sleep
7. Slow down while passing junctions, corners, crowded places and parking
Q – 160 Explain what are causes of accident of working at height (Personal)?
a. Lack of knowledge and skill
b. over work
c. Feeling of dizziness
d. Non usage of PPEs like safety belt cygnet
e. Unsafe platform (Not covered having floor openings)
f. Improper erecting
g. Unlearning work at height?
Q – 161 Tell us what is STEL 0 for 15 minutes continuous exposure?
☛ It is considered as maximum allowable concentration not to be exceeded at any time during 15 minutes continuous expose period.
☛ It is a maximum on concentration to which works or can be exposed to a period of to15 minutes continuously without suffering from irritation.
Q – 162 Explain me control measures of radiography?
☛ Barricade the area
☛ Remove all un-necessary persons away from site
☛ Check radiation level with dosimeter
☛ Use lead shields
☛ Put a sign board
☛ Risk tissue damaged
☛ Use special filter glass
☛ Use lead coated aprons
Q – 163 Explain what is Noise?
Ans- Up wanted sound which causes irritation to the ears caused by mechanical movement.
Q – 164 Explain what are welfare measures of factory act?
Ans- ☛ Adequate and suitable washing facilities should be provided
☛ Facilities for sitting during rest hours should be provided
☛ If more than 250 workers are employed in a factory a canteen facility shall be provided.
☛ Shelters rest rooms and drinking water shall be provided.
☛ Welfare officer shall be employed where than 50 workers are working.
Q – 165 Tell me what are the procedures for work permit?
Ans- ☛ 3 copies of the permit
☛ At the work site.
☛ In the permit file
☛ On the permit board.
Q – 166 Tell me what are the causes of industrial accidents?
Ans- 1. Inadequate skill, improper supervision etc.
2. Rapid industrialization
3. Expansion of exiting factories
4. Setting up new industries involving hazards not known earlier
Q – 167 Explain heinrich accident ratio?
Ans- ☛ Major injury
☛ Minor injury
☛ No injury
Q – 168 Tell us what is safety management?
Ans- Safety management is an art and science of setting safety objectives of the Industrial company and related activities of planning, administration, Improving, Various functions to achieve the safety objectives.
Q – 169 Explain a brief note about safety policy?
Ans- 1. The safety and heath of all employees is one of prime concerned of the company.
2. Every company will be require to the policy both in letter and in spirit.
3. the company shall comply straightly with act, laws, rules and regulations
4. The company shall impart raining in health safety and occupational health to all employees.
5. The company will adopt own safety and health standards where laws may not be available.
Q – 170 Explain different types of hazards?
Ans- 1. Mechanical hazards – in adequately guarded machines parts
2. Chemical hazards – of toxemic gasses, vapours, fumes, smoke in dust.
3. Electrical hazards : in adequately insulated line wires
4. Fire hazards – chemical reaction, electrical Arcs
5. Radiation hazards – dazzing light in fraved rays ultra violet rays
6. Pollution – water pollution & noise pollution
Q – 171 Explain safety rules when using ladders?
Ans- 1. The foot wear is not greasy, oily and muddy and has a good grip on the rungs.
2. When climbing or coming down a ladder should be face the ladder side and had on with both hand.
3. Carry light tools in pockets in a shoulder bag.
4. Hold on with at least new hand if use of both hands then, use safety belt
5. Never climb higher than the third rung from the top on straight or second tired from the top on extension ladder.
6. Step ladder must be fully open and the divider locked
7. Metal ladder shall not be used near electrical equipments.
8. Metal ladder shall not be place on firm footing and at angle of 75
9. Any ladder found defect in any way should be marked do not use
10. Ladder shall not be placed on a box or drum.
11. Rubber protection on head and heel of a ladder is necessary.
Q – 172 Explain how to prevent accidents of “power tools”?
Ans- 1. The operators should wear face shields or safety glasses
2. Power tools should be placed in the store room after use
3. power tools should have protected by guards
4. Pneumatic hoses or electric cables of power tools should not pass through passage ways.
5. The electrical power tools should be properly earthed
6. Never horse play with hose of pneumatic tools
7. Power tools machines should be maintained and operated properly.
Q – 173 Do you know what are the pre cautions for welding?
Ans- 1. Remove all combustion material from the place of welding
2. Clear the work area and cover wooden floor with fire proof mats. ( Welding mechanic should be kept with in the visibility of the welders.
3. Erect fire resistance screen around the work
4. All welding cables should be fully insulted
5. All welding mics shall be double earthed
6. Welding area should be dry and free from water
7. Keep the fire extinguisher / sand really
8. Use leather hand gloves, goggles and helmets
9. Switch off the power when welding is stopped
10. Do not allow the helper to do welding
11. Do not shift he welding cable unless the electric power is switched off.
12. Do not allow the helper to carry the welding. Terminal of the welding cables should be provided 3-cable with lugs and kept tight.
13. Oxygen hose in black and Acetylene hose in red in color as per standard
14. NRV of the blow torches should be maintained properly avoid back fire
15. Welders should be trained properly
16. Cylinders should be stored in a cold dry place away bottom heat and direct sunlight.
17. Proper house keeping, good ventilation in the working area
18. Smoking should be avoided from welding area
19. Hose connection should be proper made
20. Barricade the work area and put a sign board
21. Rolling of cylinders should be avoided
22. Flash back arrestor should be attached in each cylinders
23. Any leakage of cylinder should be kept separately
Q – 174 Do you know what is sand blasting?
Ans- The process of removing rust dust, dirt, scales and old prints from the old surface using compressed air is called sand blasting.
Q – 175 Do you know what is injury?
Ans- It is defined as a harmful condition sustained by the body as a result of an accident.
Q – 176 Explain me what would you do if a plant manager asked you to ignore a safety violation?
Ans- This question is designed to see how you balance ethics, professional responsibility, and common sense. A good answer might sound something like this: “If it were a minor technical violation that was unlikely to result in injury, I might give the manager 24 hours to fix it. At that time, I’d do another inspection. If it were a major hazard, however, I’d have to refuse to ignore it.”