100 Updated Safety Officer Interview Questions Part – 1
Q – 1 Explain what is safety programme?
Ans- Safety programme can be defined as five methods by which accident can be prevent easily they are engineering, education, enforcement, enthusiasm and example safety programmes are plain spoken and carry out certain legal steps.
Q – 2 Do you know what is safety policy?
Ans- Any company has a social and legal obligation to provide a safe and health working environment to all his improvement to all his employees.
Q – 3 Do you know what are the duties of a safety officer?
☛ Prepare tool box talk
☛ Prepare monthly statistics
☛ Prepare the checklist
☛ Accident reports
☛ Management meetings
☛ Arrange the safety classes/training
☛ Arrange monthly safety bulletin
☛ Inspection of fire extinguisher
☛ Arrange first aid training classes
☛ Arrange safety competitions like quiz, slogan, poster competitions exhibition etc.
Q – 4 Do you know how to investigate an accidents?
☛ Injured persons name, address, designation age
☛ Exact place and types of hazards
☛ Date, shift, time
☛ To find out the causes/ reasons
☛ To take correction action
☛ Fact finding not fault finding
Q – 5 Explain what are the objectives of safety management?
1. Taking care of workers and staff in the event of an accident
2. Providing health full environment and surrounding
4. Continuous vigil and improvement
Q – 6 Do you know what are main provision in the factory act?
Ans- Health, safety, welfare, hours of work, employment, person, occupational disease, special provision and penalties and procedures.
Q – 7 Tell me bird accident ratio?
☛ Property damage
☛ No visible injury
Q – 8 Tell me uses of extinguisher for purpose?
1. Water type extinguisher – Class A fire (not be B & E)
2. Foam type extinguisher – Class B fire (S.B + A.S.= Co2)
3. Carbon dioxide extinguisher Class C Fire
4. DCP Extinguisher – Class C, D or E
Q – 9 Tell me what is painting?
Ans- The process after sand blasting is called painting .
Q – 10 Do you know what is factory act?
Ans- The factory act is a social enactment to achieve social reform and given liberal construction to achieve legislative.
Q – 11 Explain what is confined space?
Ans- An area which is small and enclosed or an area where one entry and exits or where a man cannot work comfortable in any location is caused confined space.
Q – 12 Do you know what is earthling?
Ans- Earthling means connecting the natural point of the supply system to the general mass of the earth by line.
Q – 13 Tell me what is manual handing?
Ans- The process of lifting, carrying and stacking materials by men is called manual handing.
Q – 14 Tell us how many types of appliance?
Ans- 1. Safety appliance for PPE
2. Safety appliance for general protection
Q – 15 Tell me how many types work permit?
Ans- There are two types of work permit
☛ Cold work permit
☛ Hot work permit
The hot work permit further classified into 3 types
☛ Normal hot work permit
☛ Blanket hot work permit
☛ Delegate hot work permit
Q – 16 Do you know what is inspection?
Ans- Inspection means to fin out hazards according to checklist prepared with reference to the department operations by the people who are familiar with the plant.
Q – 17 Tell me what is work permit system?
Ans- Work permit system is a “ written documents” for permission to undertake a job by area in charge or it is written document issued by the area in charge to the performer to under take the specific job.
Q – 18 Tell me what are hazards and injuries in manual handing?
Ans- 1. Cutting fingers due to sharp edges
2. Burns due to handing of hot articles
3. Foot injuries due to dropped articles
4. Slipped disc due to improper posture in lifting on object
5. Strains to wrist or fingers
6. Sprains, wounds hernias, fractures
Q – 19 Explain what are belongs to un hygienic working environment?
Ans- ☛ Presence of toxic,
☛ High temp.
☛ Excessive noise
☛ Emission of radiation
☛ Improper lighting
☛ Improper ventilation
☛ Process involving handling of poisonous.
Q – 20 Tell me in the event of a fire inside a building, what thought will be foremost in your mind?
Ans- Evacuation. I would want every living being inside the building to safely step out and run as far away from the building as possible.
Q – 21 Tell me what are the hazards in construction?
Ans- 1. Fall of person from top and getting injured
2. Fall of objects from top and below person injury
3. Fall of materials from top and damaged
4. Person fall into excavated pit
5. Collapse of soil and below person get injury or may
6. Damage of UG cables and sewage pipe
7. Collapse of scaffolding and person fall from height, get injury
8. Electrical shock
9. Fire and explosion
10. Burn injury
11. Health and lung problems
12. Snakes bite
13. Poisonous gas
14. Foreign body in eye
Q – 22 Explain how many types of sign boards?
Ans- ☛ Mandatory
☛ Fire or explosion
Q – 23 Explain me safety precaution of scaffold?
Ans- 1. Wooden board not be painted
2. Wooden board should not to any cracks
3. Check for rust in pipes / clamps
4. Clamps should fixed and good quality
5. Boards thickness should be 3.4 cms and no bending
6. The construction must be rigid, properly based
7. Use of good and sound materials
8. The wooden bellies has not joints
9. Vertical poles should not be more than 6 feet
10. Chains, ropes used for the suspension of scaffoldings
11. Never throw any materials from height
12. Use safety harness while working at above 6 feet
13. Properly ties to be arrangement
Q – 24 Tell me what is excavation?
Ans- Marking a hole or tunnel by digging the ground by man or machine is called excavation.
Q – 25 Explain what is ELCB?
Ans- It is protection of living beings under electro charging by fast isolation from the live conductor to avoid permanent disability or death.
Q – 26 Explain me what is your biggest weakness?
Ans- I would say paying extra attention to details might be my weakness. I am highly cautious and do not sit back until I have thoroughly understood and figured out strategies to carry out things which sometimes over burdens me but in a way helps me perform better as a security officer.
Q – 27 Explain me a brief about grinding?
Ans- 1. Proper wheel shall be used a per the grinding M/c’s specification
2. All the grinding M/c’s shall be used with wheel guard
3. Grinding cables shall not mingle with welding cables
4. All the cables shall be protected from damage
5. Provide face shield with safety helmet
6. Never use fracture wheel
7. Excessive tighting of maintaining is dangerous
8. All guards should be in position before the machine operated
9. The speed of the grinding should match in the speeds of the grinding machines
10. Only skill person should be handle this work
11. Testing of wheel is necessary
Q – 28 Do you know What are audit elements?
Ans- OS & H policy, educational training, safety manual and rules, new equipments, safety inspection, machine guarding, material handling safe operating procedures noise.
Q – 29 Tell me what are your main strengths as a security officer?
Ans- I am a good manager, highly organized and possess very good communication skills.
Q – 30 Explain how to report an accident?
Ans- 1. Date and time
3. What happened
4. Person involved
5. What went wrong
7. Corrective action suggested
9. Safety officer
10. Safety in charge
11. Project manager
Q – 31 Explain what is safety inventory system?
Ans- It is a safety date collecting technique and carried out to promote full employee co-operation condition in the implementation of the company’s safety surveys.
Q – 32 Explain what is the biggest hazard in construction and what can be done to remove it?
Ans- Biggest hazard that applies to construction sites is that of collapse. This is avoided through proper and secure scaffolding at sensitive structural points.
Q – 33 Tell me what is welding?
Ans- The process of joining of metals either by electrical or by gas is called welding.
Q – 34 Tell me what precautions are need to avoid accident in manhandling?
Ans- 1. Stand at safe distance from the load
2. Sharp edge and burns are removed before lifting a material.
3. PPE such as safety gloves and safety shoes are to be used.
4. If the weight is too heavy for one person to lift, then he has to seek the assistance.
5. The pathway is not blocked by obstacles while carrying the load.
6. The different actions, movements and forces necessary while carrying the load.
7. Modify the task by using hooks and crow bars.
8. Mechanical equipments like cranes shall be used.
9. Modify the objects
10. Change the way things are used.
Q – 35 Explain what are the hazards in chemical safety?
Ans- 1. Danger due to fire/ explosion
2. Danger due to toxicity
Q – 36 Explain what are of four legs of fire safety?
Ans- ☛ Fire protection
☛ Fire prevention
☛ Quantity control
☛ Preventive Maintenance
Q – 37 Explain me what is a safety audit? On what three bases does it operate?
Ans- A safety audit is a workplace screening process that indicates any unsafe working conditions and recommends corrective measures. Is operates on measurements, analysis and testing.
Q – 38 Explain me training or experience? What is more important in a safety officer’s role?
Ans- One without the other is not potent enough for many situations so I would consider both very important. Training is a prerequisite and experience is comes with time. They cannot be compared or used interchangeably.
Q – 39 Do you know what is the precaution for gas cutting?
Ans- 1. Keep fire extinguisher nearby
2. Keep fire watch near by
3. Remove all combustible from work area
4. Use all necessary PPE
5. Never put welding gas cylinder in side a confined space
6. Hoses shall not be laid in path ways
7. Gas cutting torch should have flash back arrestors
8. Gas test to be done to check for presence of flammable gas in site.
9. Good house keeping and ventilation necessary in working area.
10. Hose connections should be made properly
Q – 40 Explain safety rules in using compressed air?
Ans- 1. Only authorized persons should used compressed air.
2. The body or clothes should not be cleaned with compressed air.
3. Compressed air hose pipes should not be placed across passage ways
4. Leakage of compressed air should not be tested with hands.
5. While working with tools run by compressed air safety shoes are to be used.
6. The tools should not be kept on position when not in use.
Q – 41 Explain role of management in industrial safety?
Ans- 1. A written safety policy be issued by the management’s towards men, material and machines.
2. The safety policy should bring out the management’s towards men, material machine.3
3. The safety policy should be circulated to top, middle and to workers
4. Management meeting should be in a position
5. Management should arrange for safety inspection ( once in 3 months ) and safety audit ( once in year) to be carried out.
Q – 42 Explain what the advantages of ventilation?
Ans- 1. It helps to reduce the chances of fire or explosion
2. It protects the occupational diseases
3. It provides comfort to the workmen
Q – 43 Explain what is industrial hygiene?
Ans- Industrial hygiene is defined as the art and science of the presentation and improvement of the health and comfort of workers.
Q – 44 Explain and differentiate between risk assessment and incident investigation?
Ans- Risk assessment is conducted before an incident has occurred with the aim of avoiding any incident in the first place while incident investigation is done after an accident has occurred to determine its causes and avoid its repetition in the future.
Q – 45 Do you know what is work at height?
Ans- Any work above 2 meters from ground is caused work at height.
Q – 46 Tell me what is gas cutting?
Ans- The process of joining of cutting metals by using oxygen and combustible gas is called gas cutting.
Q – 47 Tell me what are the causes of accidents of “hard tools”?
Ans- 1. Due to wrong way using of tools.
2. Due to defective condition of tools
3. Due to failure of using right tools for right job
4. Due to wrong way of carrying tools
5. Due to strong of tools un safety
Q – 48 Do you know precaution of excavation?
Ans- 1. Excavation area should be suitable barricade
2. Put sign boards lights and flags
3. Avoid heavy vehicle coming near the sides
4. PPE like helmet, safety shoes should be used
5. Keep the excavated soil at least 5 feet distance
6. Excavated sides should be sloped bake to a safe angle
7. Hand excavation should be done at the present of UG pipes or cables place
8. Cutting shall be done from top to bottom
9. All narrow trenches 4 feet or more deep shall be supplied at least one ladder
10. While excavating on the slope on the slope whose height is over 10 feet men should use safety belts
Q – 49 Do you know about accident sequence?
Ans- ☛ A personal injury occurs only as the result of an accidents
☛ An accident occurs only as the result of a unsafe action or un safe mechanical or physical conditions or both.
☛ Unsafe action or unsafe condition or mechanical or physical condition exist only because of faulting the part of persons.
☛ Fault of persons acquires from the environment and the causes for lack of knowledge or skills or improper attitude.
Q – 50 Explain me what are cause of road accident?
Ans- 1. Not following defensive arriving techniques
2. Not observing lane displine
3. Overtaking on turns or from wrong side
4. Not obey traffic signals
5. Poor road condition
6. Poor maintained vehicle
Q – 51 Explain what are the important points to be observed for fire prevention?
Ans- ☛ Good house keeping
☛ No smoking
☛ Use of fire resistant paint
☛ Electrical safety
☛ Fire check doors
☛ Noked flame safety
☛ Separate storage of hazardous chemicals
Q – 52 Tell me what is the worst safety violation you’ve ever seen?
Ans- This question is designed to highlight your standards. If your “worst violation” is something your prospective employer does every day, you may be out of luck. A better idea is to give the most egregious example you can think of – something so bad that it’s highly unlikely this company is doing it on a regular basis.
Q – 53 Tell me what is attitude?
Ans- Attitude may be described as continuous behavior . if man’s behavior is good, then his action will be either correct or safe.
Q – 54 Explain me what are the precaution for “painting”?
Ans- 1. All flammable material should be cleared from the work area
2. The required protective clothing and equipment must be worn
3. Cartridge respirators shall always be worn
4. Adequate ventilation is necessary
5. Adequate washing facilities must be readily available
6. Barrier cream should be applied to the skin
Q – 55 Do you know storage of gas cylinders?
Ans- 1. Cylinders should stored in a safe, dry and well ventilated store
2. Oxygen cylinders should be stored horizontally and acetylene cylinders shall be stored vertically.
3. The standing cylinders should be secured properly avoid falling.
4. Flammable gas shall be stored at least 50 feet away from another building
5. Oxygen cylinder shall never be stored necessary flammable gas cylinder
6. Empty cylinder shall be identified by marking with a chalk (MT) and checked for damage before returning to suppliers.
7. Cylinders should not be kept as supports.
Q – 56 Tell me some examples about un safe conditions?
Ans- 1. Un guarded machine/ equipment
2. Poor lighting
3. Narrow road
4. Improper stacking
5. Oil on floor
6. Unsafe ventilation
7. Unsafe defective construction
8. Defective condition of tools and equipment
9. Unsafe method or procedure
10. Bad housekeeping
Q – 57 Tell us what are belongs to road safety?
Ans- 1. The speed limits displayed along the road should be strictly
2. Short cuts and cutting across the corners should be avoid
3. No body should try to cross the level crossing when drop gates are closed
4. Signal given blocking the road ‘ stop’ look, listen and proceed should be followed.
Q – 58 Tell me what is inhalation?
Ans- Entry of harm full materials through mouth is called ingestion
Q – 59 Do you know what parameters determine ‘work at height’?
Ans- Any task that is required to be performed at a height of 2m or more above ground level is considered as a ‘work at height’ situation.
Q – 60 Explain me what is house keeping?
Ans- House keeping means not only cleanness but also orderly arrangement of operations, tools, equipments storage facilities and suppliers.
Q – 61 Explain cause of accident in construction?
Ans- 1. Erection equipment failure
2. Falling of persons from height
3. Electrical shocks
4. Improper lighting
5. Non stop working by worker
6. Up safe work methods
7. Collapsing of earth during trench excavation
8. Failure of use safety equipment
9. Working a height without safety belt
Q – 62 Do you know safety in the use of hand trucks?
Ans- 1. the truck should be inspected
2. The axles should be greased well
3. Safety shoes should be work by the operators.
4. The load should be balanced and the weight of the load should not fall on the axle
5. The hard cart should not be wider than the width of the hand truck.
6. The hard cart should be pushed and not pulled
7. The truck should not be placed on path ways.
Q – 63 Tell me how to control risk?
Ans- The risk is control by following process they are eliminate, replace, reduce, control and PPE.
Q – 64 Tell me what is term card?
Ans- It is legal requirements in case of emergency in violin vehicles carrying hazards substance.
Q – 65 What is safety Triangle – Green?
Ans- ☛ Safety day – 4th March
☛ Fire Day – 14th April
☛ Hot Work – Red or pink
☛ Cold Work – Green
☛ Confined – Blue
☛ Radiography – Yellow
☛ Water type extinguisher – Red
☛ Foam type extinguisher – Cream (green)
☛ Co2 extinguisher Black
☛ DCR extinguisher Blue
Q – 66 Explain me what do you think is the number-one priority for a health and safety officer?
Ans- This question is designed to tell your interviewer whether you and the company share the same priorities. There are two main ones, and as long as you mention both of them, you should be fine: to keep employees (and any visitors) safe and to protect the company from liability.
Q – 67 Tell me what is incident?
Ans- It is an event which represents deviation from the intended sequence of designed steps.
Q – 68 Explain me what is grinding?
Ans- Grinder is a portable machine with a wheel guard in position to reduced the danger.
Q – 69 Tell me what is first aid?
Ans- Firs aid is temporary and immediate care given to the victim of an accident.
Q – 70 Do you know what is TWA? – for 8 Hrs. exposure perday?
Ans- It is define as the limit of air bone concentration of substances under which personnel may be exposed for 8 hrs. per day without any adverse effect.
Q – 71 Do you know what is lathe?
Ans- Lathe is an equipment use for cutting, threading, millingor facing etc.
Q – 72 Do you know the terms risk and safety?
Ans- Safety is defined as a condition that is free from hazards while risk is the realization of a potential loss or injury.
Q – 73 Tell me what is accident?
Ans- It is an unexpected or unplanned event which may or may not result in injury or damage or property loss or death.
Q – 74 Tell me what is Crane?
Ans- A tall machine used for moving heavy objects by suspending them from a projecting arm with hook.
Q – 75 Explain what are advantages of JSA? ( Job safety Analysis)?
Ans- 1. It helps to identify hazards and prevent accident
2. It helps to establish safe work method, working conditions and suitable plant safety rules
3. It helps to asses the safety training four heading can be used for JSA.
4. It helps to inspection the plant
a) Name of operation for JSA
b) Description of the operation
Q – 76 Explain write causes of accidents?
Ans- Direct cause:
☛ Unsafe act
☛ unsafe condition.
☛ Lack of knowledge or skill
☛ Improper attitude
☛ 3Physical or mental deficiency
Q – 77 Tell me how to control the petroleum hazards?
Ans- 1. Proper design, operation and maintenance
2. Avoid leakage
3. Steel pressure cylinder
4. Vapor release is to be directed away from heat sources
5. Wear goggles and SCBA sets
Q – 78 Explain what are five rules of forth job?
Ans- 1. Select the right ladders forth job
2. Inspect ladder before you see it
3. Setup the ladder with care
4. Climb in carefully
5. Use safe practices
Q – 79 Explain what is respiration?
Ans- The process of inhaling fresh hair and exhaling, to entering a confined place is called respiration.
Q – 80 Suppose you’ve been here six months. What kind of routine do you have in place?
Ans- This question is about finding out whether you know what the job entails. A good answer would cover how often you’d do inspections, how often you’d conduct training, how you’d track compliance, etc.